Sunday, January 27, 2008

snow in ARCATA!


Well with all the weather we've been getting I would have never guessed the white stuff would arrive. The temps were pretty mild during my morning bike ride, minus the winds, but soon after noon they dropped low enough to send some flurries down. Nothing stuck but it persisted for a good hour before moving on. I don't know the last time that has happened here in Arcata. Something to look up. Living right on the coast nearly at sea level it is quite rare in the immediate vicinity. However only a couple miles away an orographic effect occurs moving up the hills causing much more rain and snow to drop.

1 comment:

Lord Hayden said...

Yo JB-
Snow down here in the Ventana and up by Santa Cruz, rainin like a mofo on high all week and next.
Give me a shout if you ever venture down Monterey way, I'm trying to get DP to come down for Sea Otter.

-Lord Hayden
haydenlord a.a.a.a.t.t.t.t. gmail.com