Wednesday, October 28, 2009

New Paradise Royale Trail With Ocean Views

In its infant stages is a trail addition that will link up with the Paradise Royale Mountain Bike trail in the Kings Range. For those of those wondering what the Paradise Royale Mountain Bike trail is, you're definitely not alone. Situated on a hill, in a valley, near the coast, of some unknown range is pure pleasure. A friend of mine hit it on the head when he said, "This is how a mountain bike trail should feel." I couldn't agree more.

Back in the days of living in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, I was surrounded by hundred of miles of incredible single track, World class single track -- although I didn't realize it at the time but I sure did take advantage of it. Living in northern California has made me realize how much things are spread out. I can't complain about the beauty and the quality of the trails that are near me, but there sure isn't the quantity, at least legitimately. Having said that I have to give a huge shout out to those who have worked and are working on the Paradise Royale project. I'm not really a fan of climbing into a car to drive 3 hours in order to ride my bike, but this trail sure is worth it. With the additional 8 miles of riding it will make it that much more tempting. Here is a great article by Vicky Sama of singetrack.com discussing the project and the adventures one takes in order to build an amazing trail. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

siiiick-dp