Saturday, April 9, 2011

Arcata Farmer's Market

Today the Arcata Farmer's Market started for the 2011 season, an indicator that the semester is rapidly coming to a close and hopefully the warm weather is on its way. The market was remarkably different for today's opening day than last year's. I recall a cold, windy, and very rainy event for 2010, with a very sparse turnout on both the farmers and the attendees. Today was a pleasant surprise, with a great turnout from both sides, and a sunny blue sky to boot. In fact, it was so pleasant out I decided today was the day to get some tomato starts into the green house. A couple rounds around the market, some beets for a quinoa salad, a six pack of tomatoes for $2.50, ready to roll.

I didn't take the usual farmer's market photographs today. Instead the HSU fencing club had a little practice area to help promote their tournament next weekend. Apparently folks from all over the country will be here to participate. So I decided to hang out for a spell and snap some shots.

It got me thinking about some studio strobist shots ideas for with the club. I've got some cool ideas that might make for some good promotional photos, with some ninja like fencing action. Now just if I had time to make it happen.

No comments: